Thank you for visiting the website of Waimarama School.
At Waimarama School we all strive to be the best we can be!
Photo taken on Waimarama Beach 26th June 2013
About Waimarama School
Waimarama School is a unique rural primary school set in a stunning environment that caters for students from Year 1-6. We are part of a close knit coastal community with strong family involvement and support.
At Waimarama School we have a unique environment, surrounded by the beach, the marae and our gardens. The koru symbolises all three aspects of our environment. We will use our environment to challenge our learners.
The Waimarama School learner will REACH.
- Respect—show respect and care for self, others and the environment.
- Excel– aim high to achieve their best.
- Ask—is curious, will wonder, seek, apply and evaluate.
- Challenge—persevere and possess a range of tools to embrace new learning.
- be Happy—confident and secure in oneself and have a sense of belonging.
These REACH values are reflected in everything we do at Waimarama School. These values are modelled everyday by staff and students. Students set goals in reference to the REACH framework. The vision of school leaver reflects our school REACH values.